Monday, May 3, 2010

The Phone Battle Continues

The other day a friend of mine posted a status update asking for simple advice: should he get the iPhone 3GS with AT&T or go with the HTC Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless. Most people are very emotional about the phone choices they make, and that usually leads to irrational thought. Contained below is a simple spreadsheet I designed compiling stats on both the phone's hardware and software. The Apple iPhone 3GS outperformed in only one metric while the HTC Droid Incredible outperformed in twenty six metrics. Which one would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Though to be fair, there are applications for Tasks/To-Do lists on the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. My focus was on the "out of the box" experience to the user. Phones like a BlackBerry come with this integrated for the business-centric user, and that's why I thought it was important to include as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Droid have the application "Words with Friends"? Best iPhone app ever.

    My boss will likely be buying me a phone soon... I currently have Verizon. I don't know my options to keep Verizon and get the Droid - but the entire department has iPhones... so I suspect that's what I'll be getting unless I fight to keep Verizon.

    Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I searched, but I didn't find anything with that name. There is probably something similar (if not the same app with just a different name | that happens sometimes). I'll keep looking though.

    ReplyDelete