Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Better late than never.

Hello all, my name is Ned.

This is the post they thought would never come. No, seriously, Brad gave up. I think that was my motivation. Brad finally gave up. As I look back into my inbox, I see that he invited me to write something a good solid month ago. I think that it's about time for the procrastination to be put to rest, so I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm 22 and a local Floridan. I was born and raised in Apopka, and I'm currently a student at the University of Central Florida. I was originally an English major, but I begrudgingly changed my major to Information Technology a few years ago. This was due to the fact that I figured out I don't want a job as a teacher, and because, well, I just don't have the drive to sit down and write consistently (Ahem). I have about a semester left at UCF, which really just depends on if I can get the classes I need this go-round. Assuming everything goes well, come this December I'll be a fresh college grad with no idea where I'm going in life. Hooray for ambition.

I am the self admitted nerd of the group. I guess we're all nerds, though the rest of the guys prefer to refer to themselves as “geeks.” The difference is that they are tech geeks. I'm a gamer. I love video games. Don't take this as “Oh, this kid must never leave his computer screen.” To be totally honest, I probably do spend an hour a day on some game or another, and I'm always occupied by some MMO or another. But I do get out. After all, I play Dungeons & Dragons. Go on, have a laugh. If you've got any good jokes about it, make sure you tell Brad. I'm sure he'll love some new ones.

Outside of the games, I enjoy biking, hiking, kayaking, pretty much anything outdoors, provided I'm not doing it alone. In addition, I've been taking martial arts for 6 years now, and I'm testing for my black belt in a few months, so that's been occupying most of my free time.

One last thing: I'm an avid music lover. I go everywhere with my headphones on. And I will listen to anything. Rock, Pop, R&B, instrumentals, metal; you name it, I listen to it. In all likelihood, you will hear this pop up time and time again. But if you're reading this and you have some great band you feel like sharing, send me a link. I'm always up for trying something new.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me soon enough, so I will drop the proverbial pen for the moment. Until the next time I find myself motivated to write, farewell.
-Ned

Oh, and by the way, I like salads. I'm sure that'll be important at some point...

1 comment: