Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hello, hello!

Hello, hello!

My name is Matt Cavanagh and I am a twenty-four year old husband, father and student from Orlando, Florida (which we'll certainly get into at a later point). I was invited to write for Blueprints blog by my brothers Brad and Travis, and I will forever abhor them for it (but the joke's on them -- I will tarnish their names with poor writing and pelnty fo speling, syntaxically and grammeristic misktaes).


Yup, that's me!

I suppose the one thing that I hope to contribute to Blueprints is positivity. I've noticed that most socially-ept humans, like that of the likes of our very own Blueprints staff, have an ultimately negative outlook on humanity. I feel that I have been selected by the Blueprints staff for my contentious perspective and ability to recognize the positive aspects of humankind as we know it -- OR -- I too hate humankind far beyond the point of understanding and will offer a recycled analysis. I believe that this fact is up to you, the reader, to decide.

I mentioned earlier that I am a father. What I meant by this is that I am the world's first man-child with a kid and a half. That's right -- I'll admit it: I have some growing up to do, but it could also mean that I will better relate to my children.

Thus far, I have a daughter named Samantha, and an unborn son tentatively named Isaac (until he turns out a girl!). For some reason I always find it difficult to write about them. Maybe I don't want to cheapen what it is that I feel for them; or maybe it's one of those inexplicable feelings that you become certain others won't believe. Either way, you won't hear about how either of them are "the light at the end of my tunnel","my everything" or "loved with the very fiber of my being" --I love them, and they deserve better than that.

I am married. That's right! Sorry, ladies! I know that my writing really turns the gears for a lot of people, but this guy is taken. By "taken", I don't mean it in the traditional or political sense, wherein a person can be "taken" and simultaneously bang a secretary, two stewardesses and a third of the wait-staff at Houlihans, but rather a more "spectral reservation". What do I mean by this? I suppose that the best way to describe it is that when I die, assuming my separated being is a sentient one, I will wait. See? I can't even talk about my wife without sounding like I'm trying to moisten my reader-base.

This all brings me to a good point: realism and egoism. Human beings can claim to be realists or honest, but the fact of the matter is that we are all just selfish. We'll talk openly and honestly, but neglect to provide the actual, organically-selfish agenda that each and every one of us works so hard for. I suppose that it is the thesis of my existence; to provide evidence to the contrary. I'm trying my hardest (and failing miserably) to be a person that exists not for self, but for the likes of others, but how can I? For instance, what I just said up there could be poignant and honest, or it could have been a ploy to loosen up all of the hussies out there by identify, analyzing and exploiting an emotional weakness. Well, which one was it? I know -- do you?

Long story short, I am not writing in this blog so that you'll like me or want to buy the cool gadgets that I have (that's Travis' job), but rather provide a vitally important understanding as to who you and I really are (by which I mean, try to impress my brothers with under-achieved, short and sporadic chirography.)

Also, there is already a Matt on board, so I need a pseudonym. I think that I have the perfect one too! While substitute teaching (that's right, I do it too , but don't worry about me wasting your time blogging about it - J/K) a young, urban kid contrived the gangsterest name in the whole world for me by combining the term "Hitman" with first letter of my last name, and a method of describing how it is that I "creep". The name in its entirety looks like this: The Hitman C-Lo. I liked it so much that I decided that, from then on, whenever I was going to do something gangster, I was going to be known by this name. The Hitman C-Lo it is.

Thanks and I'll see you around!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not negative, you jerk!

    But seriously, do I get points for getting the postcards reference?

    ReplyDelete