Friday, January 8, 2010

Writer Introductions | Matthew

Hello World!

And welcome to the BluePrints Blog. I am one of the writers selected to share this experience with you. My name is Matthew, and I come from what most call a "quirky" background. My trials and tribulations have taken me all over. Today however, they land me here on the internet, and more particularly on this blog.

So who am I that will be answering questions you haven't even thought to ask? Well let's see: I am excited by the fact that I am almost 25 and thus will be getting much lower premiums on my car insurance. I've graduated college but realized that besides some of the things I got to do while there, think I wasted my time and wish I would have known to go straight into my career path of choice: Law Enforcement. On paper, I'm a Republican but I find myself shifting more and more to a Libertarian view. I want what's best for the people if it is attainable and practical.

I like consistency in my life. I have a "Cheers" moment of sorts with friends where at around the same time on around the same day of the week, we go to the same restaurant and let of the steam of the week. Now some may find this boring, but I find it refreshing to go to a place where "everybody knows your name". Even the balloon guy is there (though he knows to avoid us as I particularly enjoy making sexual innuendos as he pumps his balloon bigger and bigger).

My passions include travelling, camping, technology, shooting, playing music, skiing, flying, and billiards. Once I get settled in life, I'd like to get my pilot's license. Every now and again I pick up my trumpet to play, and would do the same with my piano if I had it where I currently live. My taste in movies is everything from Big Fish to Moulin Rouge, and my musical selections include pop, oldies, jazz, classical, and of course: Howard Stern.

Now I've told you a little about myself, but that doesn't really explain why this blog will be any good. First off, I'm currently partnered with two other writers who are both as expressive and opinionated as I am. Their definitive outlook on issues provides a clarity and comfort to a plethora of viewpoints. But I'm also just really excited for this to be written without using an alias. I am a firm believer that while the internet makes it convenient to hide behind a false name, one shouldn't. I have done previous podcasts and blogs all where my username or handle was fictitious and I didn't feel like I had the opportunity to be really genuine with my readership.

So for now, I shall allow this description to suffice. I'll add more here if anything comes to mind. But for now, Internet, I am signing off until articles of interest come to mind that answer your unasked questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment