Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too Many Topics For One Post - And Lots of Typos

So its been a while since we've had a new post on BluePrints. For my end, I've been on vacation for most of the month. Amanda and I spent 2 weeks in Pennsylvania, came home for a week and then spent two weeks in Georgia. More posts on both of those topics to come (sneak peak: I'll be delving into the goods and bads of being Amish).

As for the other contributors? Good question. We're not entirely sure if Matt still knows he's a contributor. Travis and I often joke that it would be a good idea if we had asked him to be one of the starting contributors, since he never seems to post anything. In Ned's defense, he's been on vacation too. Whitney was never expected to post a ton, so no harm there. We haven't gotten much in the way of questions on formspring, so JK doesn't have anything to respond to. As for Travis, he was on vacation...for 4 days. The rest of the time he has no excuse for though.

Well, now that I've effectively called out all the other contributors in the most public way I know, let us move on. As of Tuesday, I am on a diet. As a result, I'm pretty miserable. In the name of full disclosure, I weigh 278.3 pounds, so my goal is to loose 78.3 pounds. I figure that will probably take me a year and a half. I hate dieting though. I'm in a continual state of starving, and it sucks. It feels like I never eat, even right after a meal.

There were a bunch of things leading to my decision to diet finally, not the least of which being my little tubing experience. Another big reason was just my eating habits in general. While in Georgia, we went to Vortex Bar and Grill. This is a place known for large and unbelievably delicious burgers. While there, I ordered the Double Bypass, a buger that consists of 2 grilled cheese sandwiches (as the buns), 2 fried eggs, 6 slices each of cheese (not including the cheese in the "buns") and bacon, and a huge side of tater tots. Not only did I eat every bite, I did so in under 15 minutes and didn't even have a stomache ache afterwords. That was sorta freaky.

On another note, the second time we went to Vortex while we were there, they had sweet potato tater tots. Yeah, give that one a minute to sink in. Sweet potato tater tots! Pure delicious awesomeness on their own. But they kick it up a knotch with marshmellow dipping sauce. Yeah, finger food sweet potato caerole FTW!

Moving on, we come to my marraige. Don't worry, only good news here. My wife and I are not good compromisers. Whenever we have to do something for each other, we formulate complex deaks. For example, we go out to dinenr with our friends every Friday night. Amanda's not big on it, so eventually we came up with going every other week so long as she got a 10 minute massage every week (I hate giving massages). So anyways, she's been wanting a second dog for a while now, and I've always said no, mostly because she never offers anything worth while in the way of a deal. Two days ago, the conversation went a little like this:

Amanda: Can we get another dog?
Me: No.
Amanda: What if I let you get a motorcycle?

We were on our way to look at dogs within an hour. Today, we found our new dog. She's a 6 month old corgi/terrier mix that we're naming Knightra (after the UCF mascot Knightro). I'll add some pics to the post tomorrow when we pick her up. Bike will uave to wait till the end of the year when we have money.

Well, I think that's about as many topics as I can cram into one post. Now that my vacations are over and school is about to start back up, I'll be posting more. Can't speak for the other lazy contributors though....

1 comment:

  1. So THAT's why you texted me asking about the female UCF mascot!!! :-)
    I'm quite pleased with your naming choice... Knightra is awesome. (After Knightro - not the female mascot Glycerin... Get it? Knightro-Glycerin!!! HEHE)

    Anyway... I promise I'll post... I just need time. :-)

    ReplyDelete